What the heck, I wasn't officially tagged, but GrrlScientist posted on it and I read it and she asked her readers about it, and I'm in a good mood, so here is the list of 100 experiences. Taking the formatting from GrrlScientist, I have bolded things I have done and put an asterisk next to the things I would like to do.
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars -oh heck yeah!
3. Played in a band -choirs as a kid, a few "bands" as an adult, never paid, but we sure had fun at a few parties!
4. Visited Hawaii - several family vacations
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain - easy when you grow up in Colorado
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo - several, though I am so out of practice now that people would probably pay me not to.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - Great, but all the museum workers were on strike, so that bit sucked.
13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty*
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France* (see 12!)
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort - Colorado childhood, again
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice*
29. Seen a total eclipse* - I assume this means Solar. I've seen several Lunar.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run - does kickball count?
32. Been on a cruise - several, both working and pleasure.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person*
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors*
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language* - I'd like to learn Latin
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I'm a lucky dude. Got enough to not worry too much, that's nice.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person*
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David*
41. Sung karaoke - Sorry to everyone there...
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa* - I have might-as-well-be family with some good Namibian ties, so this one may be doable.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person*
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris* (again, see 12!)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China*
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia*
60. served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I'm kinda disqualified on this one.)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - Just blood. Up to a couple gallons, now.
65. Gone sky diving (No way am I going to jump out of a perfectly good plane.)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp*
67. Bounced a check - D'oh!
68. Flown in a helicopter*
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar - Meh.
72. Pieced a quilt - If you knew my Mother, you would understand that avoiding that was impossible in my family.
73. Stood in Times Square*
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone - Metacarpal in my writing hand, finals week, Freshman year.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - I chickened out at 110 mph.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person*
80. Published a book*
81. Visited the Vatican*
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem*
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible* - I tried with the KJV. Maybe I'll try a different translation.
86. Visited the White House* - I've seen it from outside of the fence, does that count?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby* - Not that I can give birth.
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phonel
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant - @ the Denver Zoo
Not too bad, I guess. If only the French museum workers weren't on strike... Didn't they know I was coming?